Full Stack Developer (Ruby on Rails)
Full Stack Developer (Ruby)
We are a team of technologists, educators and entrepreneurs who are helping to transform an education system in which too many children still fall through the gaps. We do this by building intelligent technology to revolutionise the education system and making effective one-to-one learning more accessible than ever before.
The company was founded in 2013 and is based in Aldgate East, London. We’re currently a team of 40+ in London and over 300 across India and Sri Lanka. We’re growing quickly; doubling revenue last year to £3m, and have raised £7.5m in funding to scale our business to the global vision we pursue.
If you want to apply your talent and drive to solving a major technical challenge, that has a positive impact on society, then join us.
We are looking for a true team player with experience of building consumer focused applications. We want a person who has a hunger for learning and is keen to make progress individually, and to improve team, product and business performance.
We constantly evaluate technologies, often with spike (prototyping) days (Node/Phoenix/Elixir current candidates) so your ability and desire to rapidly adopt and adapt, applying previous knowledge, is more important than specific language/framework experience.
Role & Responsibilities:
• End to end delivery of new features with involvement throughout the entire life cycle
• Take ownership of core platform application
• Daily communication with development team and product managers to deliver solutions
Experience / Skills Required:
- Solid commercial experience in Ruby on Rails (3+ years)
- Understanding of Object-Oriented Design principles
- Automated testing experience
- Experience with cloud hosting platform such as AWS
- Competitive salary
- Your own personal development budget and perkbox
- Pick your own kit; we want you to have the tools to deliver
- Lovely new office in East Aldgate
- We can talk about beer, ping-pong and all that stereotypical start-up stuff. That’s easy (and fun). True satisfaction is found in the challenge of scaling an innovative business that has a positive impact on society. That’s the real benefit to this job.