This is an entry level role, with an opportunity to ply your trade as a UI designer, learn and develop your skills, with the potential to identify and specialise in a design tool such as Sketch. You will be supported by a senior team and have exposure to wider business functions such as marketing and product management.
You will have responsibility for the production and delivery of crucial interface design to MATR’s existing product features. This will be a mix of interface design across both Product and Web.
Working closely with the Product team and across multiple functions within the product team and, you’ll be responsible for:
- Designing new features with:
- Day to day features within the webpage and product itself.
- Marketing assets
- Web design
- Brand restyling implementation down the line.
- Supporting brand transitions from Marketing team.
- Identifying opportunities for new solutions to existing design features.
- Working closely with the WordPress developer to implement these.
- Collaborating heavily with the marketing team to turn around assets quickly.
- Receiving strategic direction and quickly acting on it
Who you are
- A UI Designer with a background in Visual Design.
- You are a true team player, with solid experience of improving the quality of consumer-focused applications in an agile, fast-paced environment. You are hungry for delivering a delightful user experience, shipping high quality designs for both existing and new features which will ultimately improve retention and acquisition.
- A confident Designer who is assured in your designs and process and can explain validate your thoughts/process with internal stakeholders.
- You enjoy solving difficult problems, automating workflows, finding elegant solutions to the scale and reliability needs of a fast growing platform.
- Wireframing to high-fidelity prototyping. (Asset building)
- Experience of working closely with a marketing team.
Ability to quickly deliver on design iterations.
Collaborate with a WordPress developer
Some coding knowledge
Feature design vs web-design.
Image-manipulation (splash for example) or Adobe Illustrator (less-so) /Photoshop/Sketch
Invision & Sketch Priorities
Nice to have
- Experience in a start-up.
- B2C product
Why you should be excited about joining:
- The potential growth for you to quickly advance your career is the prime reason to be excited in MATR from a personal perspective.
- An opportunity to develop a broad portfolio of design.
- The chance to work with the design tools you want to specialise in. I.E – ability to use Sketch fluently.
- The mentorship and support of a highly-experienced lead designer. (TBC)
- To work for a company that has the ability to drive positive social change on a global scale.
- Long term, as the business scales, constant learning is encouraged, whether that be taking time to research into new design tools or expanding your remit in to UX Design.
- Opportunity to progress into a mid-level role in the first year, with the potential to be brought into decision making/strategic level conversations in the first 24 months.
- Drive a friendly and collaborative culture in a start-up.
Package and Benefits
- Opportunity to grow your career in one of the fastest growing EdTech businesses in London
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Personal development budget and perkbox
- Spacious office with a ping-pong table
- Great location, friendly and social team.