Senior Onboarding Executive
We work with thousands of children across the UK, delivering one-to-one maths tutoring through a platform that allows pupils in the UK to connect with our tutors across the world. Your main role is to ensure that our school customers get off to the best possible start with us. You’ll ensure initial set up is completed correctly here, managing booking and invoicing changes and queries (during onboarding), and from the customers side, manage them through the set-up process. You’ll map out and own their journey and it’s execution for 1:1 communications, working with the Retention Exec to plan automated communications.
You will also plan, implement and manage the TSL Ambassador programme. You’ll use a range of data, insights from onboarding and work closely with the rest of the Customer Success Team to identify schools who could be ambassadors. You will be responsible for planning and executing the ambassador journey/relationship, in partnership with the Head of Customer Insight, while consulting other stakeholders across the organisation.
Responsibilities and tasks include:
- Resolving general customer queries
- Point of contact for any of our customers when they have a query over phone, email and instant chat. Deal with these effectively and efficiently to delight our customers, with joint ownership of team Support KPIs.
- Managing Schools through onboarding
- Own the onboarding journey, and manage schools through it.
- Coordinating with the Retention lead and team on the journey.
- Monitor schools through their first month, the ‘launch’ period, and support any that are not having the best experience. Escalate target schools at the end of launch.
- First point of contact for customers in their first month with us. Deal with queries effectively and efficiently to delight our customers.
- Coordinating with our headset supplier, predicting headset demand, managing orders and timely delivery to schools.
- Analyse incoming queries and identify areas where we can become more efficient, improve the process or journey. Report on outcomes regularly.
- Working with Customer team, Retention team and Head of Customer Insight to identify potential ambassadors.
- Building relationships with these customers, offering exceptional support.
- Coordinating requirements and incentives from other teams to ensure a consistent and mutually beneficial relationship.
- Working to design and implement a strategy to nurture these relationships, in partnership with the Head of Customer Insight.
- Coordinate with Sales and Acquisition on Events held at ambassador schools.
- Internal Coordination and Communication
- Ensuring all your interactions with customers are recorded and kept up to date.
- Communicating and coordinating with the wider team to ensure a seamless customer experience for everyone we work with.
- Escalate schools at the end of their onboarding journey to colleagues in the relevant area.
- Work with product and retention team to optimise journey and processes
You will also be involved in ad hoc tasks and projects which come up within the team where needed, such as
- Maintaining and dispatching necessary equipment to customers
- Assisting with the recruitment and training of onboarding interns as required
- Supporting the team in setting-up a new customer
- Upsell and Retention calls
- Supporting on Matr
- Providing feedback to the other teams in order to improve user experience
We’re looking for someone to ensure our schools get off to the best possible start with us. From personally delivering support, to managing the whole onboarding journey, you’ll be enthusiastic about getting involved in all areas.
If you were to joins us, then these are our behaviours & ways of working
Our people like challenges, and ours is a big one. We need you to adopt a can-do attitude, to adapt to whatever is thrown at you, to work with urgency in pursuing our mission.
We’re motivated by delivering impact at huge scale, by realising real social change. Commit your energy to making a difference, to transforming lives around the world.
No one is born with all the answers, so ask questions and let your curiosity take you one step further.
Innovation only comes from a desire to understand, solve and be better.
Be EMPOWERED and EMPOWERING
Own your work, both the successes and failures. We have no time for blame, politics, or ego. Raise your voice and then make space for others to raise theirs, reinforcing a culture that supports and learns from mistakes.
- Experience working in customer support
- Interest in education
- Proactive and keen to take on responsibility
- Excellent communication and ability to build rapport both internally and with our customers
- Experience in education
- Experience in operations
- Proficient in Salesforce and Excel
£25,000 - £27,000 annual salary (dependent on experience)
Healthcare and pension plan
25 days holiday
Initial training and proactive ongoing support throughout the role
Work with a fun and ambitious team, passionate about building a tech start-up and having a social impact on the world
Opportunity to grow your career in one of the fastest growing EdTech businesses in London