Business Development Executive
We seek social change by cultivating a global community of the most ambitious talent to make effective online teaching more accessible than ever before.
We help schools and families through two platforms:
Third Space Learning:
- Established in 2013
- 50,000+ children taught in 1800+ schools across the UK by 1,000+ tutors across India and Sri Lanka
- 30+ Team in London, focused on marketing, technology and analytics
- Established November 2018
- Offers one-to-one maths tuition online to children at home delivered by a tutor community teaching from India.
Tutoring is traditionally an elitist product - we’ve managed to create a product which changes this and allows the underserved to receive world class tuition at an affordable price. This means that no child has to be left behind.
We want you to speak to parents across the country (and sometimes world) to persuade them to take up our offer of a no-obligation free trial of our online maths tuition programme. They’ll all have enquired, and given us their contact information (so no cold calling). We are looking for an intelligent, passionate and tenacious individual who is excited by the idea of growing a startup, and becoming a future leader within the team.
You will be the first official member of the sales team for Matr, but will work within a larger acquisition team; all of which have been supporting Matr throughout launch. Once you’ve excelled and Matr continues to grow, you’ll hopefully take on leadership of future hires into the Matr team.
- Undergraduate degree from a top university
- Fantastic communicator
- High attention to detail
- Ability to build rapport over the phone and in person
- Energy and creativity: positivity and enthusiasm are at the core of our sales team
- Clear passion for our mission and an eagerness to make your mark
Preferred (but not essential)
- Experience of selling in either a B2B & B2C capacity
- Edtech experience
- Experience using Salesforce
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer fast career growth, and more importantly, the opportunity to change the lives of thousands of disadvantaged children every year. If you're passionate about a rewarding career working for one of the biggest edtech startups in the UK, then send us your CV and cover letter.